Before bringing a new kitten home, it is very important to make sure that there are no objects in your environment that could injure him. See if there are any small details in the rooms that the kitten could eat, or if there are no places where he could get stuck or fall. Most people don’t forget to take care of these dangers, but completely forget that a kitten can also taste house plants. Some plants are extremely dangerous for cats, so we present a list of such plants that will help avoid inconveniences in the future.
Slightly toxic plants
After chewing or swallowing the flowers of these plants, the cat may vomit, have diarrhea, become apathetic, and lose appetite.
- Gladiolus (gladiolus);
- Soap towels;
- Poinsettia (Christmas Star);
Moderately toxic plants
After chewing or swallowing daffodil flowers, the cat may vomit, have diarrhea, tremble, or twitch muscles.
Very toxic plants
Itin nuodingas augalas katėms – Lelijos. Šios gėlės yra vieni iš seniausiai auginamų dekoratyvinių augalų, jos ne tik gražios, tačiau taip pat ir nuodingo mūsų augintiniams. Lelijos ir visos jų rūšys yra populiarus ir mėgstamas pasirinkimas kuriant puokštes įvairiausioms progoms. Yra žinoma, kad lelijose esantis nuodas yra tirpus vandenyje bei mirtinas mūsų katėms. Netgi nedidelis kiekis lelijinių šeimos augalų gali sukelti fatališką katės inkstų užsiblokavimą.
The most poisonous part of this plant is the flower itself, but other parts of the plant are just as poisonous. If you notice orange or yellow lily pollen on your pet's fur, wash it off as soon as possible until the cat has started washing itself and the pollen has not entered his body.
The flowers of these flowers contain cyanide, so chewing large amounts of them can cause considerable problems. After chewing or swallowing flowers, your cat may vomit, have diarrhea, become apathetic, shiver, or even faint.
Symptoms and diagnosis
The first signs usually appear 6-12 hours after the introduction of plant poisons into the body. The most common symptoms are: vomiting, apathy, lack of energy, loss of appetite, tremors, convulsions, increased thirst, initially increased frequency of urination, then it becomes less frequent until finally the animal stops urinating completely.
Signs of poisoning are visible in the urine after a maximum of 12 hours, you must consult a veterinarian as soon as possible to see them. The sooner you take your pet to the vet, the greater the hope will be to help your pet. So only after noticing the first symptoms without waiting for anything, contact your veterinarian.
Even if you have removed all the poisonous flowers and plants from the house, it is necessary to raise kittens from an early age, so that the flowers growing in pots and the land of the pots are not for him. Also read: "Foods poisonous to cats"